Brock’s M-Series™ Commercial Grain Storage Bins feature single bin capacities of over a million bushels and are available in two diameters: 156 and 132 feet (47.5 and 40.2 m). Shown is a 156-foot diameter bin in Nebraska.
Brock's M-Series™ Bins were honored for their innovation with a 2011 AE50 Award presented by the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers.
Free-span roof structure - view from inside the bin
|view all photos|
A Market Leader in Diameter, Roof Strength and Storage Capacity
Brock’s M-Series™ Commercial Grain Storage Bins feature single bin capacities of over a million bushels and are available in two diameters.
- 156-foot (47.5-m) diameter M-Series™ Bin models have a storage range from 995,000 to 1.34 million bushels (25,278 to 34,000 metric tons).
- 132-foot (40.2-m) diameter bin models offer single bin capacities ranging from 688,000 to 1.18 million bushels (17,476 to 29,966 metric tons).
Unique Bin Features Include:
Free-Span Roof Structure
- Roof peak loads up to 50,000 lbs. (22,700-kg) and 50 lbs. per square foot (244 kilograms per square meter) ground snow loads without center support towers.
- Temperature cable hangers (shown at right) are built into the rafter system.
- Special rafter and purlin connections unite the roof structure to more fully develop roof strength to resist bending and to more efficiently handle unbalanced snow loads.
SMOOTHCORR® Sidewall System (patent pending)
- Brock's unique combination of corrugated and smooth sidewall panels offers excellent wind resistance.
- The inner sidewall features Brock's exclusive smooth-wall surface that allows grain to more easily flow down and out of the bin, reducing load stresses on the bin’s sidewall, stiffeners and footer.
- Air trapped in the corrugations between the two body sheets contributes insulation value to the sidewall which helps preserve grain quality.
Single-Pass Sweep Operation
- Brock’s FULL-SWEEP® Bin Anchor System is a standard feature to provide the firm footing required for single-pass sweep operation.
- Brock MODEL ABC™ Bin Sweep offers both wheel and crawler track drive options.
- Sweep capacities of up to 18,000 bushels (460 metric tons) per hour.
- Complete temperature cable packages.
- Aeration systems up to 1/7 cfm per bushel air flow.