BROCK® Stiffened Holding Bins range up to 42 feet (12.8 m) in diameter and offer capacities up to 106,600 bushels (3,732 m³).
Brock structural system (provided with bin) elevates the unit for easy access and for installation of handling equipment.
Some of Brock’s stiffened holding bin models feature a special, totally-galvanized steel substructure, including the support beam and legs.
|view all photos|
Sturdy Steel Structure for Strength and Reliability
Because commercially-used holding bins have greater strength requirements, BROCK® Stiffened Hopper Bin offers:
- Strong 30° roof helps support the weight of roof-mounted conveying equipment – up to 7,500 pounds (3,400 kg) depending on bin diameter.
- All-galvanized steel stiffener design is one of the strongest available to help your silos stand up to the constant stress and strain of stored grain.
- Strong gravity-flow hopper bottom angle aids the unloading of wet or dry whole kernel grains of many types. Hopper angles available are: 60° angle on 15- through 21-foot (4.6- through 6.4-m) diameter bin models, 45° angle on 15- through 24-foot (4.6- through 7.3-m) diameter bin models and 40° angle on 27- through 42-foot (8.2- through 12.8-m) diameter bin models.
- Brock’s specially-engineered hopper/bin support beam that encircles the bin at the top of the hopper for greater strength and reliability. Beam evenly distributes the weight of both the bin and hopper to the strong leg support structure.
- Brock’s five-year warranty for stiffened bins – see Brock’s full written warranty for complete warranty details.
Other unique Brock features include:
- Top quality prime steel sidewall body sheets with a tensile strength up to 65 ksi (448 Mpa).
- The sturdy support structures on some Brock bin models have a corrosion resistant galvanized finish while other models feature high-grade, enamel-painted steel. Both provide longevity and low maintenance.
- A 12-inch (305-mm) hopper discharge opening for use with optional gates with rack and pinion or rollers.
- Identification codes on every body sheet identify manufacturing date, part number, and steel gauge.
- Sidewalls are assembled using Brock's high-strength Grade 8 bin seal bolts with special JS1000™ weather-resistant coating.
- Optional Grade 8 polypropylene-encapsulated head bolts provide enhanced corrosion resistance.
- Bin anchor system securely fastens the bin to the foundation and is designed to withstand winds up to 90 mph (145 kph).
- Optional sidewall ladders, as well as safety cages and rest platforms are designed to meet or exceed relevant OSHA standards when installed properly and are fabricated from galvanized steel for long-lasting service.
- A wide variety of optional Brock components (easy-to-use sidewall doors, ladder security doors, aeration fans, plus others) are also available.
- Planning assistance and foundation drawings for certain applications are available.
JS1000 is not owned or licensed by CTB.