Brock’s EVEREST® E-Series Grain Bins offer the tallest eave heights in the industry along with higher grain-holding capacities and enhanced roof peak load strength.
Enhanced Roof Peak Load Strength for the EVEREST® Bin Line
EVEREST® Bin’s Stiffener
Design Provide More Efficient Connections
|view all photos|
BROCK’S EVEREST® GRAIN BIN LINE IS DIFFERENT & BETTER … BY DESIGN
Elevate your grain storage to greater heights and larger capacities! Brock’s EVEREST® E-Series Grain Bins offer the tallest eave heights in the industry along with higher grain-holding capacities to help meet the storage challenges presented by trend-line grain yield increases.
Brock has now also added high-capacity storage models to its line of EVEREST Bins. The new bin models are 132- and 156-feet (40.2 m and 47.5 m) in diameter and offer maximum storage capacities of up to 1.24-million and 1.3-million bushels respectively.
In addition to scaling to greater heights and the capacity to store more grain, the E-Series design features innovative changes to roof structure, body sheets, bin stiffeners, anchoring systems and accessories while also meeting or exceeding new grain industry standards.
A new peak support connection is also available. Brock’s unique Brock-LeMar EVERLOC™ Connection efficiently and uniformly connects the bins with LeMar™ Catwalk And Tower Support Systems. This new system provides pre-engineered connection points for LeMar's products and are appropriate for the uniform weight distribution of roof-top equipment on the roof structure. The system also saves time and labor during installation by eliminating the traditional practice of cutting and resealing holes in the bin roof in order to install equipment at the roof peak.
ENHANCED ROOF PEAK LOAD STRENGTH – UP TO 130,000 POUNDS!
The EVEREST Bin line offers greater roof peak loading capacities – up to 130,000 pounds (59,000 kg) with a uniformly-distributed pure vertical load depending on bin diameter and model. This load capacity is based on 30 pounds per square foot (146 kg per square meter) ground snow load.
Brock’s EVEREST Bins do not stop with just offering higher allowable roof peak loading capacities! A bin’s true strength and integrity is the result of combining the bin’s overall roof, sidewall and bin anchoring design strengths.
EVEREST Bin roof designs meet all of the following:
- Allowable roof peak loads for different applications.
- Ground snow load based on 30, 40, 50 or 60 pounds per square foot (146, 195, 244 or 293 kg per square meter). The professional analysis for roof loads considered both balanced and unbalanced snow loads.
- Temperature control cable loads based on up to 2,000 pounds (907 kg) per temperature control cable for the taller bins. EVEREST Bins are designed to accommodate the load from multiple temperature cables – check with Brock for the details.
- Dead load weight of the structure itself which will vary depending on bin diameter and model. This weight is the sum of the bin’s roof structure and roof panels.
- Bin safety anchor points located on the compression ring.
- Rafters equipped with safety anchor points at the interior perimeter for in-bin safety.
EFFICIENT STIFFENER DESIGNS
Brock’s sidewall stiffeners are among the strongest and the most efficient available to help bins manage the stress and strain of weather, stored grain, temperature cables and roof-mounted equipment. The bolt hole patterns used for the EVEREST Bin’s stiffener design provide more efficient connections, ensure stiffener alignment and increase strength for:
- Improved handling of internal forces and pressures generated by the grain.
- Taller bin models offering more grain capacity -- nearly 14% more storage capacity when compared with previous grain bin models that have the same diameter footprint.
- Higher roof peak weight loads.
- Brock’s HERCULES® Support System that innovatively utilizes the bin’s sidewall stiffeners as LeMar Support Tower connections.
EXCLUSIVE BIN ANCHOR SYSTEM
Brock’s unique FULL SWEEP® Bin Anchoring System (patent pending) allows for the safe operation of single-pass sweeps in all Brock EVEREST Grain Storage Bins:
- Standard feature on all bins 72 feet (22 m) in diameter and larger.
- Safely handles normal bin stresses generated during single-pass sweep operation.
- Saves time, reduces labor and eliminates the need for bin entry during the sweep process.
- Firmly reinforces the bottom-tier sidewall body sheet to anchor the bin and to prevent moisture penetration.
EASY ACCESS TO BIN INTERIOR
Why struggle to squeeze through a small, tight opening when you could just open a door to walk into your grain bin for inspections? A standard feature on all EVEREST E-Series Bins is Brock’s LATCH-LOCK® Walk-Through Bin Door. This two-ring tall door makes entering even the largest grain bins easy:
- The one-piece outer door opens wide to latch securely against the side of the bin.
- The door's three or four inner panels open in sequence from top to bottom with a simple lift of the patented latches. No tools are required.
- Meets recommendations for bin entry, rescue and safety standards.
EXCEPTIONAL SIDEWALL STRENGTH
The EVEREST Bin’s sidewalls defend stored grain from weather while also providing critical strength components vital to the bin’s structure:
- Efficient vertical seam patterns provide improved strength for body sheet connections in both narrow- and wide-corrugation bin models.
- Thicker body sheets (up to 5 gauge) resulting in fewer laminated sidewall panels and more efficient use of optimal sidewall thicknesses at all levels of the bin.
- Standardized 3/8-inch (9.525-mm) diameter bolts on narrow-corrugation sidewall connections provide more efficient connections and fewer hardware sizes in assembly.
- JS1000™ bolt coating contributes improved bolt life expectancy and corrosion protection.
ENGINEERED WITH SAFETY IN MIND
- Manhole Surround
- Mid-Roof Stairs Platforms
- Safety Gates on Roof Platforms
- Ladder Safety Cages
- Center Compression Ring and Interior Perimeter Anchor Points for In-Bin Safety
JS1000 is not owned or licensed by CTB and is the sole property of its respective owner.